In September of 2019, we look to start a Grade 10 and Grade 11/12 woodwork course.We also would like to strengthen other applied skills programs from Kindergarten to Grade 12 at Kelowna Christian School, helping us become a stronger, 21st century Christian school.
Our 2019 Believe Annual Giving Campaign funds will target the following areas:
- To purchase the tools and to retrofit a classroom to offer high school woodwork classes
- To purchase 3D printers for student project builds.
- To build an electronic clean room with proper safety ventilation for the use of the laser cutter and 3D printers and to house sensitive electronic equipment.
- To develop a dedicated 'Maker Space' at our Elementary School, with appropriate technology, to enhance the Elementary Applied Design, Skills, and Technology (ADST) program, allowing our youngest students to experience hands-on innovation.
To do the above is a significant cost. We have budgeted to run the programs, but we are seeking funds from our community to run the above well. Our desire is to be excellent (KCS core value) in all we put our hands to as Christian educators. We hope to purchase the above items and retrofit soon. For this reason, we ask that you would prayerfully consider donating to this endeavour during the month of May. If you would like to follow up with lunch or a phone call, please let me know. I would love to share more, learn more, and to break bread with members of our special KCS community (Acts 2:42). Thank you in advance for your generosity!
Please do consider giving to this important program. We have had a tremendous Christ-centered 40 years and, Lord willing, our past has given us the foundation to have another fantastic 40-years in Him.
Head of School
HOW TO GIVE
1. ONLINE: Visit www.kcschool.ca/believe to use the online donation form
2. CASH/CHEQUE: Giving envelopes are available at both Gordon & Benvoulin school offices.