OUR STORY + PURPOSE
Stories are powerful. They are the fabric of society and one of the most fundamental methods of education. Jesus taught through parables and lived the greatest story of all. Storytelling evokes emotion, encourages connection and invites the listener to engage in a deeper way to discover their story within the one being shared.
At Kelowna Christian School, we believe each moment and learning experience provides the opportunity to help our students discover their own unique and meaningful story. Most importantly, their place in God’s story. Learn more about our Design Principles for Teaching & Learning here.
Our desire is to partner with parents to create a safe, challenging and creative environment to inspire students to develop and find their story. A community that strengthens the heart, soul and mind of students to discover his or her true potential and impact on the local and global communities. Students that are not only leaders of the next generation, but also caring servants in His kingdom through authentic, relationship with Jesus Christ. Kelowna Christian School presents life changing education that provides a strong foundation of identity, knowledge, purpose and Christ-like character for world changing students. Click here to read more about our Mission, Vision and Core Values.
An important part of our school's story is our history of marrying two schools from different traditions - Evangel Academy and Kelowna Christian School. From our earliest days we have tried to reflect and honour what is probably best described as an intentional broadly evangelical tradition. When drafting a Statement of Faith, for instance, we sought to reflect the core and essential beliefs that unite us, while allowing for flexibility where different denominations and traditions differ.
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH:
- The Holy Scriptures, as originally given by God, are divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and constitute the only supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God through His Word actively and intentionally created heaven and earth, all things seen and unseen.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ took on human form; we affirm His virgin birth, sinless humanity, divine miracles, substitutionary and atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension, ongoing advocacy on our behalf, and personal return in power and glory.
- The salvation of lost and sinful humanity is possible only through the death and victorious resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, received by faith.
- The Holy Spirit regenerates sinners, and indwells, illuminates, guides, equips and empowers believers for Christ-like living and service.
- The Church, the body of Christ, consists of all true believers.
- Ultimately God will judge the living and the dead. The saved will be raised to joy in the new heaven and earth in the presence of God and the lost to condemnation and punishment.